Do you have a habit of writing every day?
You wanted to start writing, but never done? Or You have started, wrote for some days, and eventually stopped?
Is this resonates with you? You are not alone, many people have this problem. They have a dream of becoming a good writer but fail in starting or middle of the way.
I too have been thinking to write every day. But something had dragged me from writing
What are common reasons to procrastinate writing?
- I am not ready to write.
- I don’t know what to write.
- My English is not good.
- I will start tomorrow.
- I think others will laugh at my writing.
- It needs a lot of time.
- I don’t have the knowledge to write.
- My grammar is not good.
- I don’t have writing skills.
- I don’t need to write.
- I don’t find the time.
- Not now, I will start definitely one day, don’t know when.
- I will attend a writing workshop before start writing.
- I want someone to motivate me to write.
All those excuses are for people who dream but don’t take an action
Writing is not a big challenge if you have a will. You can do so, even though you have all the above reasons.
Let me explain how you can form a habit
7 tips on how to start and form a writing habit.
- Assign a time every day for writing, it can be as little as 10 minutes, and gradually increase the time over a period of time to 1 to 2 hours.
- Before starting, set a timer in your mobile or Table clock as per your plan. Avoid distractions.
- Start writing whatever comes to your mind ( It can be a past event, an experience, or your opinion about something, a story).
- Start with 50 words per day, gradually increase word count every day to your comfort level. With practice, you can write up to 1000 to 1500 words in a single session.
- Keep all your writings in one place ( A diary or Word document online or offline), Show them to your friends, take feedback. You can even post on your blog.
- Review your writings once a week, identify areas for improvement, and implement them in ongoing writings.
- Write Consistently till 21 days.
By implementing the above, you will surely find writing is a fun and enjoyable. Also you will be benefited as follows
Benefits of A writing habit
- You will find improvement in writing week on week.
- Your thought process will improve.
- You will be able to express your ideas or thoughts in a better way
- If you are good at writing, you can become a good storyteller or Content writer.
- Writing helps you to start and build a career as a writer or a Digital Marketer.
- In today’s world, content is a King and you can make amazing content and become a successful Digital marketer
So stop procrastinating and start writing today. Wish you happy writing
Hope the above tips are helpful to you. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends.
Let me know your thoughts below